Thursday, February 4, 2016

OOTD: It's All About the Denim



I have been looking for a denim skirt for months now! I love the 70's vibe to it and how it brings the convenience of denim to a cute skirt. Denim can go with anything no matter what form it's in! Styling this piece was a little tricky at first because honestly I haven't really seen myself in a denim skirt since middle school, when those denim mini skirts were a thing. I tried it with so many tops and realized that maintaining the 70's vibe through out the entire outfit really helped. That is how I chose this shoulder cut-out top. I love the way the cut outs look on me and the color works so well against my skin tone. I always get compliments on this top because the cut outs instantly make it look high fashion.

Once I figured that out, I needed a belt. I felt the skirt on its own wasn't enough, and the band of the skirt was a little loose. Now, I know most don't like mixing black and browns, but I think it is totally okay as long as it is done right! The brown of the belt is a light shade that works well against the denim and not dark enough to clash with my black tights.  Plus, it was a little chilly! If you've been reading my blog for a while you would know that these black booties are practically the only shoe I wear. They amp up any outfit and add some length with the heel!

Alma's Approach: There are different lengths and types of denim skirts, so find the one that works best for you. When you do, don't be afraid to think outside the box and pair the skirt with tops that have a different texture! Any top with a unique feature to it  could work as well!





No comments:

Post a Comment