Friday, May 29, 2015

Soldiers and Skirts


Today was a special day for my family! My dad has officially retired from the Army today after 24 years of service. That is longer than I have been alive people. Of course the Army can't let anyone go without a big bang! A ceremony was held for all the retiring soldiers, and it was a beautiful moment. Families and friends smiled proudly as they watched their soldiers let go of an old life to start a new one.

Knowing that this was a more formal event I decided to go the business casual route with my outfit today. I'm going to tell you a secret; I love dressing in business casual attire. I feel like a hot, professional young woman! It sounds weird, but I instantly feel confident when I am dressed up like this. The best part is I didn't have to break my bank to look like I make a million bucks. I purchased the high-waisted skirt from Charlotte Russe yesterday for 10 dollars. That's right, only 10 dollars! It has a gorgeous cream pattern on it, so I decided to pair it with my solid cream crop top. The perfect outfit to pair with my Michael Kors dual-tone bag.

It's time for my favorite part, the shoes. The babies I'm wearing today are from Aldo. They are the perfect summer wedge because of the tan color and wooden wedge. As you get to know me, you'll learn that no heel is too high for me!

Alma's Approach: Never go to any business casual event with too short of a skirt. Pick out skirts that fall right above or on the knee, especially for high-waisted skirts. They elongate your legs and show off your figure in an appropriate way. Top it off with an awesome closed-toe heel and you are good to go!

Leave a comment below telling me what is your favorite type of skirt?

For more pics of my outfit, check out my links on the Follow Me page!

No comments:

Post a Comment