Sunday, June 7, 2015

Hats Off to Waco


It's been a busy week for my family! My little sister graduated from high school, so some of my extended family flew down to see her. There were 11 people in one house, so it was pretty cramped. Although, hanging out with my family means there is no dull moment. Today, my family decided to take my grandparents to Waco, Texas. We had never really seen what the city had to offer, but with a little research we were taken back in time.

Our first stop was the Texas Ranger Museum. I don't know about you guys, but when I hear Texas Ranger I think of Chuck Norris. It turns out real Texas Rangers have been around for a long time. They have helped with many crimes in and out of the state. As a matter of fact, they still exist today! It really was an incredible sight with an inside look on what it was like to be one of the famous Texas Rangers.

The next stop was the Dr. Pepper Museum! I stopped drinking soda about one year ago, but I couldn't resist having a cup while I was at the birthplace of my favorite soda. It was a cute, tiny museum with a rich history of how Dr. Pepper started. Fun fact: The creator of Dr. Pepper wanted it to taste like what a pharmacy store smelled like at the time. How weird is that?

With all the sight seeing happening, I had to have an adorable outfit. Hats have always been something I wanted to get into. They are so chic and are perfect for a bad hair day. I purchased this boater hat from Forever 21 and I have never been happier. I love the straw material and color, which is perfect for the summer. I paired it with a black baby doll dress that has a gorgeous pattern on the top. This one hat turned my whole outfit around! I also felt much cooler walking around under the hot Texas sun. I kept accessories simple with my Coach crossbody bag and gladiator heels.

Click to get a hat and dress similar to mine!

Alma's Approach: When purchasing a hat, make sure you like the way it looks on you! There are many different kinds of hats you can choose from. Hats are also perfect when you're feeling lazy and don't want to do your hair! It gives off such a summer vibe and makes you look like you're ready to go on an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment