Monday, June 22, 2015

That's My Shorty


I hope everyone enjoyed Father's Day! I know my family and I had a great lunch date at McAllister's. It's one of our favorite places to eat and we couldn't resist the opportunity on Sunday. Especially since during the week, my sister and I work a lot. We work at a gymnastics gym with opposite schedules, so it can be difficult to plan quality family time.

Going out with the family means I also get to pick out an outfit! It's not like I can wear my strappy nude heels to teach gymnastics, so I get excited when I have plans. I decided to wear my black shorts with a beige tribal pattern. They also have crochet detailing at the hem of the shorts to add more length. I must say the whole day I had to check if I was wearing pants. The shorts are so comfortable! I don't think I have pajamas as comfortable as those shorts.

I paired the shorts with a cream button down top. I love this top because of the studs at the collar. They give the top the perfect amount of edge I needed for my outfit. I also added my black gladiator sandals to keep it casual. With my favorite brown clutch and red lipstick I headed out to cure my hunger.

This style of shorts is a must have for the summer! They work for a lunch date or a day at the beach. I also can't wait to add the shorts to my "running late" wardrobe. A simple scoop neck tee and a boater hat will add instant style to a comfy and quick outfit.


Alma's Approach: Make this outfit perfect for a dinner date by switching out the gladiator sandals for some strappy heels! The shoe change takes your look from cute to sexy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment