Saturday, July 4, 2015

OOTD: Happy 4th!


Man, oh, man! Did you really celebrate the Fourth of July if you didn't go to a parade or a barbecue?

This year my family spent the holiday in a parade. That's right in a parade! My father is a part of a Jeep club, and they participated in the city's Fourth of July parade. It was so much fun! We got to decorate the jeep and stand up on top of it. By the end of the parade I definitely had my princess wave down.

Obviously I had to wear red, white and blue, but I still wanted to look stylish. I put together my black high-waisted shorts and striped T-shirt dress. Black matches with any color, so I couldn't go wrong with my shorts. Also, I would not want to be wearing jeans in this Texas summer weather. Now, some may be wondering how would you wear a dress with shorts? I have an easy answer. T-shirt dresses.

T-shirt dresses are super versatile and can be worn so many ways. One of those ways is tucking in the dress into a pair of shorts, pants, or even a skirt. It's like buying a new shirt! Once I had my shorts and top figured out, I decided to stick with my white converse. Mine are pretty worn in, but go with everything. I also wanted to be comfortable climbing the jeep, and walking around.

I used my accessories to spice up the outfit, so it wouldn't just look like a T-shirt and shorts. I added a gorgeous, silver bib necklace. These type of necklaces are so in for the summer time, and I predict they are going to be staying around for the fall. They are so fancy and can make any simple outfit go from "Ehh," to "BAM." The same can be said for boater hats! I am absolutely in love with my boater hat. It looks good with everything, and the straw material works perfect for this summer occasion!

Alma's Approach: A statement piece of jewelry is a great way to add glam to a plain outfit, such as a T-shirt and jeans. Add some shoes to match and that's all you'll need!

No comments:

Post a Comment